Commitment to the Protection of Personal Information
We are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and others with whom we do business. We will not share any personally identifiable information with anyone for any reason without your explicit consent and will keep it confidential, except as required by law. Consent may be expressed in writing or implied, and in some cases, it may be provided verbally, electronically, or through an authorized representative, provided such representative has the appropriate written authorization to do so. You can withdraw your consent to the further use of your Personal Information at any time, subject to any legal or contractual restrictions, and upon reasonable notice to us. Upon request, we will explain to the individual any implications of withdrawing consent.
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
What Information is Collected
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, purchase a consultation, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, health information including past and current medical history, diet and lifestyle information, and credit card or bank details. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities. We will only collect information that is reasonably necessary to provide appropriate services.
Non-Personal Identification Information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web Browser Cookies
How We Use Collected Information
We may use your personal health information to:
- to improve customer service– Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- to personalize user experience- We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- to improve our Site– We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- to process payments– We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- to run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature- To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- to send periodic emails– We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
We may also use your personal health information to:
· - provide, coordinate, and manage your health care by one or more health care provider, health and fitness coach, and/or assistant to Dr. Hoover,
· - recommend changes to your diet and lifestyle,
· - contact you by phone, SMS, fax, e-mail, online messaging, and/or other secure messaging to book and confirm appointments, distribute health strategies, plans, reminders and notifications,
· - populate your health and wellness profile and share such information with other health care providers and organizations as reasonably required to deliver her services,
· - track and monitor your ongoing health and wellness,
· - plan, administer and manage her programs and services contracted by you or on your behalf,
· - provide you information about services you receive through her offices,
· - conduct quality improvement, risk management and error management activities,
· - compile anonymous, aggregated statistics, including providing personal health information to an organization or government body for the purpose of health system planning,
· - obtain payment for your treatment and care, or
· - comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
We have appointed a privacy officer who is responsible for the company’s compliance with privacy legislation.
How We Protect Your Information
We have appropriate security measures and safeguards in place to protect your personal health information in accordance with the sensitivity of the information. We have company-wide policies and procedures in place to protect against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification, regardless of the format in which the information is held. We ensure all our employees and business partners are aware of the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of your personal health information, and we will exercise appropriate care in the disposal and/or destruction of personal health information to prevent unauthorized parties from gaining access to the information. Unfortunately, even with our data security measures in place, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information. By using our Website, you acknowledge and agree that we make no such guarantee, and that you use our Website at your own risk. We will inform you as soon as we reasonably can if there is any unauthorized access to your Personal Information.
We may upload and store parts of your personal health information to various computer applications in order to provide efficient and shareable services online. Your personal health information does not remain exclusively within one country, as the nature of accessing information online creates this inevitable possibility when accessing information outside of a virtual private network. By providing Personal Information, you are consenting to Foundationalhealth.solutions transferring parts of your personal health information onto a secure server that you will have access to online. If you have any reservation about this action, please inform us so that we can avoid placing your personal health information into this system.
Correcting & Updating Your Information
At any time that your personal health information is under our control, you have the right to:
· - request access to your personal health information,
· - request a correction to your personal health information if you believe it is inaccurate or incorrect and provide satisfactory proof to correct it, or
· - report the incident if you think your rights have been violated.
Upon written request addressed to our privacy officer, we will inform you, as best we can, using reasonable efforts, of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal health information and we will give you access to that information, within a reasonable period of time (within 60 days). We will be glad to assist you in preparing a request if you inform her that you require such assistance.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested. You have the ability to unsubscribe from all e-mails and we have taken steps to ensure we compliant with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to the United States.
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
We will always comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when dealing with your personal data. Further details on the GDPR can be found at the website for the Information Commissioner (www.ico.gov.uk). For the purposes of the GDPR, we will be the “controller” of all personal data we hold about you.
You have rights under the GDPR:
(a) to access your personal data
(b) to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed
(c) to have your personal data corrected
(d) to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances
(e) to object to or restrict how your personal data is processed
(f) to have your personal data transferred to yourself or to another business in certain circumstances.
Your Acceptance of these Terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
How To Contact Us
This information was last updated on May 26, 2018 to comply with the EU’s GDPR.